Thursday, January 26, 2012

Resolutions are for the weak

So my intention this year was to try to do things to take better care of myself both mentally and physically. Since we have been home from Hawaii I have yet to make it to the gym, nor have I tried out all of those healthy meals I promised myself I would attempt. I have not even begun to "spring clean" my house and it has taken everything in me to try to get out of bed before 10:00am. On the bright side, I have caught up with some great friends over lunch, dinner and drinks. I have spent time with my family and have selected paint colors for the house and Dennis kindly assisted me in creating a picture wall of family pics. We have also booked a weekend away to Las Vegas in February and are working on our future travel plans as we speak (if you have any favorite suggestions drops us a line). With February fast approaching, I think it is time to get on the fast track to a proper schedule to ensure I can get everything accomplished that I wanted to this year before 2012 draws to a close.

With that in mind I met my great friend Nancy for dinner and Margarita's this evening to talk about our plans for kick starting our new workout regimen. (Did I fail to mention we were actually scheduled to go to the gym but instead decided it was prudent we discuss it first over Mexican?) After many great laughs I am happy to announce that Nancy will soon be making a guest appearance on this blog with an excerpt from her new book "The Kijiji Khronicles". Stay tuned as I promise it will have you in stitches....

We are off next week to the rockin' hamlet of Kerrobert Saskatchwan to visit Dennis' mom and if all goes according to plan, we will be returning Thursday at which point I will be launching "Operation "GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER"". I plan to start by cleaning out my fridge, designing a meal plan and buying groceries accordingly. I will then attempt to make it through my first hot yoga class followed by 3 days a week at the gym. I will try to drink more water and eat less sugar and carbs, and I promise to start doing the laundry and cleaning the house...hahaha I kill myself! Seriously if I did the last part what would poor Dennis do with his time?

No comments:

Post a Comment